Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chewy Granola Bars

Homemade Healthy Chewy Granola Bars
I guarantee that this recipe will be chewy and delicious. I initially didn't want to add peanut butter to this but I noticed it tasted much better with peanut butter and it was more gooey with peanut butter. It was really yummy. I decided to make this recipe because I didn't like how sweet the granola bars at the store was, so I made my own. Here we go!

You'll need...
2 cups of old fashioned oats (NOT INSTANT)
1/3 cup of honey
1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/4 cup of peanut butter
1 tablespoon of canola oil
1 cup of unsalted peanuts
1 cup of raisins
1/3 cup of cranberries
What Germ (to your liking)

1. I toasted my oats for about 10 minutes on a dry skillet on medium heat.
2. While the oats were toasting, I roughly chopped my peanuts to prepare for the epic mixing.
3. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
4. I first mixed together the oats, flour, raisins, peanuts, and cranberries. (add your wheat germ now! I couldn't find it so I didn't get to put it in for extra nutrition.)
5. I then mixed together my peanut butter and honey in a separate bowl.
6. mix in your wet ingredients with your dry ingredients.
7. Your mixture shouldn't be too wet but it should be considerably wet... It should be pretty wet though.
8. Pour your yummy mixture into an 8x8 pan and bake for 30min.
9. You'll get super yummy and chewy, sticky half inch tall granola bars.

**add honey to your liking; I don't like mine terribly sweet but this bar was pretty sweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment