Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Orange and Strawberry Smoothie

Orange and Strawberry Smoothie
I love smoothies at Juice it Up and Jamba Juice, but their drinks are always full a zillion calories and their prices are really jacked up. So I figured I can create a super simple smoothie recipe that won't burst my budget but quench my thirst. Shall we begin?
A handful of whole frozen strawberries (about 1 1/2 cup)
Fresh juice of 3 whole oranges (about 1 cup)
1 to 1/2 teaspoons of organic agave nectar

1. Take out your strawberries to let them soften for about 10-15 min while you juice your oranges.
2. I juiced some oranges that weren't really that sweet so I added agave nectar to sweeten things up. A little low glycemic agave nectar went a long way for me. I recommend that you don't add more than 1 to 1/2 teaspoons of agave nectar, it'll get too sweet.
3. Blend it all together for about 20-45 sec.

It's that quick! I like to switch it up by adding different frozen fruits. I like to add unsweetened raspberries, mangoes, pineapples. But the more frozen fruit you make, the longer it'll take to blend and the more frozen it'll get. So try to keep it to a 1 to 1.5 orange juice to frozen fruit ratio. The good thing abut this smoothie is that it doesn't melt that easily because it doesn't have any ice cream or yogurt, but it's really smooth!
So good. Try it! It's much healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment